Question My games are crashing or freezing

Petar-32

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Ok so i had a 1050 ti card but my games were crashing and the symptoms seemed to be gpu related even searched on forums and it was obviously gpu related so i bought a new gpu and gave an old one to my friend because he wanted it for some reason but my games still crashed and he was playing games without crashing on my old gpu i ended up buying a new motherboard because me and my local technician tought that was it but it didnt solve anything now im confused because the crashes and freezes are gpu related but my gpu seems to be healthy ? Is it a RAM problem or a CPU problem maybe ? Note that even games that are not hardware demanding like CS GO League of Legends and even Half life 2 that is more than a decade old are freezing and crashing.
Edit : I forgot to mention sometimes for a crash or freeze i get the nvlddmkm driver stop responding error that causes a freeze or a crash but as i stated before that happened on my old gpu that works perfectly fine on my friends rig

Last edited:

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
It's not a matter of it's enough or not. It's a matter of quality. What's the name of the model. It sounds like you're having a faulty/going to die soon psu. If your friend had zero trouble gaming on the same card that was giving you issues and after changing your video card and motherboard the problem persists, it might be the psu. How are the temperatures on the components looking? Try to run a CPU benchmark like cinebech or prime95 and see if the pc freezes while you have hwinfo opened (download if you don't have it) and check the temperatures while the stress test run. If you don't crash and the temps look normal it's most definitely the psu.

You didn't list what ram you have, if you're running them in dual channel, what frequency they operate to, if xmp is enabled... anything. It's a bit hard to help you when you keep being so vague. Are the ram installed in the correct slots if they're dual channel? Are they the same ram or you're mixing matching? Have you tried to plug out one stick and leave only one to try if you got a faulty ram stick? You could try to use memtest to check if you get ram errors.

Petar-32

Prominent
May 6, 2020
It's not a matter of it's enough or not. It's a matter of quality. What's the name of the model. It sounds like you're having a faulty/going to die soon psu. If your friend had zero trouble gaming on the same card that was giving you issues and after changing your video card and motherboard the problem persists, it might be the psu. How are the temperatures on the components looking? Try to run a CPU benchmark like cinebech or prime95 and see if the pc freezes while you have hwinfo opened (download if you don't have it) and check the temperatures while the stress test run. If you don't crash and the temps look normal it's most definitely the psu.

You didn't list what ram you have, if you're running them in dual channel, what frequency they operate to, if xmp is enabled... anything. It's a bit hard to help you when you keep being so vague. Are the ram installed in the correct slots if they're dual channel? Are they the same ram or you're mixing matching? Have you tried to plug out one stick and leave only one to try if you got a faulty ram stick? You could try to use memtest to check if you get ram errors.
I will give you my pc info when i get to my pc tomorow but in the meantime i have 1 stick of ram thats 8 gb thats in the correct slot my psu is new and the technician i went to said that my stuff isnt overheating or that any of my components are bad but i will send you full details soon

Petar-32

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Also is the bios up to date, is the 2400 integrated gpu disabled from bios. Have you used ddu after swapping the 1050 for the 1660 before installing the new drivers.
The bios is up to date and i did use ddu to uninstall old drivers i dont know if the integrated gpu is disabled tho