My games are crashing randomly with an error "Display Driver has stopped working and is recovered"

jawadtheoriginal

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
Hello dear experts,

I need help for my pc. Recently im having issues with my games. Some are low spec and some are high graphic intensive games.

Whenever playing games mostly like "Csgo" and "Gta V", my games would stop or hang, or froze, but the background audio and noise will be working. I have to log out by Alt+f4 or simply with windows key. As i log out with windows key , my windows would show me a message saying "Your Display driver had stopped working and has been recovered".

The problem is ITCHING me alot since my rig is fresh and recently made. Whether im in an intensive match of CSGO or a long mission of GTA V, my pc would out of no where just crash and giving me this "display driver" issue.

I have checked the solutions for games, since i thought something maybe wrong with the games itself, so reinstalling them didnt fix anything, nor running through compatibility mode, nor running through administrator mode, and nor uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers.

My drivers are up-to date. And i dont suspect temperature issue could be a problem since my pc IS FRESH!. the temps for cpu, gpu and my mobo stays from 39 to 70 MAX!. but still im getting this display error and its a pain in my ass.

My specs:-
PSU: 330 Watts
CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 ghz, with 4 cores.
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 730 2GB. DX11.2
HDD: 250 GB
SSD: (dont have one)
Motherboard: (some normal intel mother board :p)
CASE: Dell optiplex 790.
Fans in the casing: 2.
Fans speed: 1700 to 1800

help please :(.

Things i have tried but failed:-

-Updating my drivers.
-Uninstalling and re-installing my drivers with fresh installation.
-Increase performance and decreasing quality in nvidia control panel.
-Downgraded my quality and increasing my performance.

I have literally tried everything and no clue what in the hell is happening.

pegasaurisrex

Proper
Jun 5, 2018
could be the PSU? 330W is rather low for any kind of gaming pc. but then again with something this budget it could work. is this your first time building a pc and if so where you following any kind of guides online when doing so?

kevkev07

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
I highly recommend going to “PcPartPicker”, it’s a website

And build a PC, and add your current parts. Most likely it’s probably your low wattage

——edit——

It could also be a cause of your PC overheating, because dell cases are usually pretty small. Depends on your daily use.

Harsh_16

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I too had the same problem. Replaced my psu to corsair vs 450 but still the problem remained. Then i reinstalled the windows and the latest nvidia drivers and the problem was solved. Never again have faced such issue. BTW had the same gpu as yours.