[SOLVED] My games are not running well please help

Jun 11, 2020
My pc for some reason can't handle some games though I think that i have a decent pc.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 Ghz

Soon to be 16gb ram but I first had only 8 gb of single channel memory

A Asus tomohawk 1660ti oc

The games are running of a kingstone 240gb ssd or a seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm drive or a toshiba 500 gb 5200rpm drive

Furthermore I have a asrock ab350m pro4 motherboard and am running off windows 10 pro.

The fps in some games was lower than expected. I had gta 5 on the NVIDIA reccomended graphics and on 1080p but only get around 30 to 45fps with frequent dips to 10 or even to the point of freezing my game.

Overwatch also lags from time to time while also on NVIDIA recommended settings.
I also play league of legends on high with about 144 -90 fps, and warzone which is also borderline unplayable with the amount of lag. All the while my cpu doesn't go above 80% and my gpu doesn't get maxed out. I thought it was the drive but my friends with the same drive as I dont encounter the same issues.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day :)

Last edited:
Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What game or games are you playing?

Most games provide some listing of hardware requirements in the form of "minimal", "recommended", and "best".

You do not want "minimal" and you do want as much "best" as you can afford.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while not gaming and then while gaming.

Gain an understanding of what resources are being used, what is using those resources, and to what extent.

Also look in Task Manager's start up tab. You may discover lots of apps running in the background. Some may not be necessary and do not need to be launched at startup. Do not disable anything without knowing specifically what...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What game or games are you playing?

Most games provide some listing of hardware requirements in the form of "minimal", "recommended", and "best".

You do not want "minimal" and you do want as much "best" as you can afford.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while not gaming and then while gaming.

Gain an understanding of what resources are being used, what is using those resources, and to what extent.

Also look in Task Manager's start up tab. You may discover lots of apps running in the background. Some may not be necessary and do not need to be launched at startup. Do not disable anything without knowing specifically what it is and why it is being run.

Solution