[SOLVED] My games crash after 5 minutes, and I've tried everything

Aug 9, 2021
Good afternoon,

Recently since August 3rd my PC has been crashing every game after 5 minutes-45 minutes. It wasn't like pc froze or blue screened, whatever application that the game was on; such as genshin impact, squad, and Escape from Tarkov just closed. The weird thing is my chrome, discord, and file explorers are all fine, they suffer nothing during or before the crashes. At first I thought this problem was the new drivers I installed on August 3rd for the 2060 I had, so I run a DDU and still problem still persisted, so we run through a new windows driver and the problem was still there. So now we're thinking it's a hardware problem, luckily I have a younger brother who lent me his 1080 ti. I switched out my 2060 and his 1080 Ti in my rig, the problem still persisted, so I run my 2060 on his rig, the games ran fine with no problem for 4 hours. Okay is it's not a GPU issue, so now we thought it was a windows file that got corrupted, okay so we install a new windows instance and in the process we wipe the SSD clean, the problem is still there and the SSD works perfectly fine. Okay so now were thinking it might be PSU, so we disconnect my PC completely from my PSU and use the cables from my brothers PC to turn on the PC. View: https://imgur.com/a/H0Ym2jm
we make this monster AND THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE. I don't know if glossed over something very obvious or im just missing something but at this rate i have to build another PC just to play games, I really need help. If you have any questions regarding how I did this, or need anything to be cleared up please ask.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($181.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($109.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Recently since August 3rd my PC has been crashing every game after 5 minutes-45 minutes, at first I thought this problem was the new drivers I installed on August 3rd

Aug 9, 2021
you haven't mentioned temperatures at all.
track the GPU & CPU temps while in any of these games with an OSD and see what it is reaching as the crash happens.

you may want to edit or remove the image posted,
forum babysitters do not allow curse words here.
Is there any application that can track that?

Aug 9, 2021
If that PSU is FROM 2017, you should probably replace it. I'd go for a 750w to 850w model as well. That could be a potential cause, and I know you tested your brothers PSU but when you jury rig a test like that, it can cause it's own issues.
i get that, i just dont want to buy a part that actually isnt causing the problem, im currently tight on money, thats why im turning to solve this asap

i get that, i just dont want to buy a part that actually isnt causing the problem, im currently tight on money, thats why im turning to solve this asap
You should run event viewer or something else that creates a log for processes that crash, that will tell you what's causing the application to crash. It's not blue screening, just the game that crashes, yeah?
Also, when you reinstalled windows, you completely wiped the drives and reinstalled the gpu drivers from geforce I assume? Might be missing a mobo update or something from the manufacturers website. Just spit ballin'

Aug 9, 2021
You should run event viewer or something else that creates a log for processes that crash, that will tell you what's causing the application to crash. It's not blue screening, just the game that crashes, yeah?
Also, when you reinstalled windows, you completely wiped the drives and reinstalled the gpu drivers from geforce I assume? Might be missing a mobo update or something from the manufacturers website. Just spit ballin'
Yeah I wiped drivers reinstalling windows and in the procress also wiped the new nvidia drivers, still havent download them yet

here's the error that pops from event log
Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x2a34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78cd3045f9afe
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: cfa02454-60c5-4b40-94c4-8913dac6d6d7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Aug 9, 2021
you geniues, i searched up the error and found someone with the same problem and a solution
seems like i can get it fixed
i'll keep you updated

Aug 9, 2021
https://www.pcerror-fix.com/solved-how-to-fix-bad_module_info-error-in-windows-10-while-gamming
Maybe something in there can help? Otherwise I think there's a deeper issue here, with that error log
Yeah no I just know about event viewer XD I was googling it but couldn't find anything concrete, so keep your eye out for more people that probably know more than me that can help!
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-working/a67de1f7-76a8-4cdc-87c1-a2b3c2c1b39b

almost the same exact issue as i had