My games just crash all the time.

michealparker0007

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
:??: What is happening. If i'm right games like Cod, GTA, LoL, Battlefield etc... are openGL applications or am I confusing it with something else well you see what i'm talking about. They just crash on startup I havent downloaded or installed anything new I don't know how but whenever I open a game it waits 3 seconds with a black screen as usual for every game then it says bla bla bla has stopped working. It searches for problems and says close the application like I get a choice?

Windows 8.1 64bit definitely no the pro edition.
Lenovo ideapad N586 Laptop
AMD A6-4400M 3.1Ghz 2-cores APU with Integrated Radeon HD 7520G Graphics
4GB RAM I know this has nothing to do but just saying.

So please ask me for more info I can provide more also I have 14.4 Catalyst definitely for the APU not GPU i'm not an idiot.

If there are any windows logs I can provide ask me. I want to just keep my pc safe as my dad said that gaming on a pc destroys it totally that is not why pc's were invented games are viruses and stuff i wanna prove him wrong and I cannot do it without the experts and lovely community of Tom's Hardware.

Thanks.
Micheal Parker.

This is frustrating.:fou:

Solution
I had the same problem for certain games, try going to the ".exe" of the games (usually and application) and "right tick" - "properties" - "compadability" and then set "run in comparability mode" and select windows 8
Hope that helps!

ConnorJ177

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
I had the same problem for certain games, try going to the ".exe" of the games (usually and application) and "right tick" - "properties" - "compadability" and then set "run in comparability mode" and select windows 8
Hope that helps!

Solution