i5 9600k
rtx 2070 super
16gb ddr4 RAM @2400MHz
asus rog strix b360-f
240mm ml240l aio liquid cooler
240gb ssd boot drive + 1 tb hdd + 240gb ssd
700w thermaltake smart series rgb psu
Windows 10

I have been having this issue for a while now and have been just dealing with it but it has gotten significantly worse over the last week.
The crashes could occur 2 seconds after launching the game or after hours of playing without inccident, the game will freeze for a second then just close as if i had closed it with task manager or something, on some games there is a message saying "fatal error".
The games that crash aren't all on one drive so I can't put it down to a faulty drive.
I dont think its to do with overheating as all the components sit under 60 degrees C, i have tried lowering settings to the lowest to see if it was to do with overloading but the issue still occurs. I also dont think it is overloading the psu as it is 700w.

My drivers are fully up to date for sound, network and graphics card and my windows 10 is up to date too, this seems to be a common "fix" but hasn't worked for me.

I have looked all over the internet and tried loads of forums but everyone that has this problem or a similar one doesn't have a fix for it.
Would really appreciate some help.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational icons that correspond with the times of the crashes.

Open the case to ensure that all cables are fully and firmly connected. Check that all cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are in place and tightly seated.

If the case is full of dust and debris - clean accordingly.

Oct 5, 2019
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational icons that correspond with the times of the crashes.

Open the case to ensure that all cables are fully and firmly connected. Check that all cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are in place and tightly seated.

If the case is full of dust and debris - clean accordingly.
I actually rebuilt my entire pc to check for any hardware malfunctions but the same problem kept happening, it isnt dusty either.
I'll lok in event viewer and reliability history and let you know what I find