My games keep freezing and I think it is because of an overheated CPU

hudsonacreman

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
I have always been able to play games on my computer fine with my current parts (I had a budget build). I have a 7th gen i3 and a 1050 ti. Everything is compatible and I have had it for a year. I recently (about a month) started to receive these freezes and crashes that will completely ruin any game play and have gotten progressively worse. At first it wasn't that bad and I would only get occasional freezes about once a day. Then it evolved to crashes once a day, along with tons of freezes throughout the day. I figured it might be hardware, so I went and opened my PC. When I looked inside my CPU cooler was only stuck in with one peg in the top corner so it want even covering the CPU (I used the stock cooler). I am pretty sure that the root of these crashes is based on my CPU. I am not sure if my CPU just needs more thermal paste or if I had fried my CPU beyond repair. If you could help me out that would be great! Thanks!

hudsonacreman

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
I just ran a match of Fortnite with Task Manager in the background and noticed that the "CPU" started out at 85ish but lowered to 40ish but the "Disk" was at a steady 100%

hudsonacreman

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

I already tried the Ram test and had no difference, I am trying to run the Seagate test but it doesn't detect any Seagate hard drives even though I have one.

That test should run on any brand of HDD (which is why I tend to recommend it). Is it detecting the drive at all?

hudsonacreman

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

It passed all the tests I ran.

hudsonacreman

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

I just ran this test and it passed every section