My games used to run smoothly, but now they lag.

hardrock703

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hi, I have an nVidia GT540M on my laptop, and when I first got it my games used to run perfectly. Then after about a year or so, every game I had started lagging. I couldn't even run Minecraft on max graphics smoothly. Not only that, but before, my laptop wouldn't get very hot while I was just browsing the web. But now it starts heating up when I'm on the desktop. And also, my laptop is really loud nowadays. What is the problem?

Solution
get some compressed air and shoot it at a angle at the fan on the bottom of your laptop. a dust cloud will come out of that thing and it will run sooo much better and cooler and quieter.

kylekillzone

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
get some compressed air and shoot it at a angle at the fan on the bottom of your laptop. a dust cloud will come out of that thing and it will run sooo much better and cooler and quieter.

Solution

drums101

Distinguished
also try cleaning up your system software wise...get rid of the junk that may have accumulated and run ccleaner disk defrag and disk cleanup..while your at it run an antivirus scan and then install the latest drivers from nvidia on top of what kylekillzone said

hardrock703

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can now play Skyrim on high graphics, and not burn my hand while surfing the web!

kylekillzone

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Your welcome :p had the same thing with my laptop. I have had it for almost 3 yrs without doing this and it actually cracked my wood desk it was sitting on and the crack was about a foot long!