Question My gaming build PC starts up but does not come on.

Feb 22, 2022
I just built my gaming PC a few hours ago. When I turned it on, there is no start up screen. The mouse's light is on, but the keyboard does not. I checked again to make sure everything is connected, but there is still no display.

Here are the components I installed inside my Thermaltake Versa N27 PC case:
AMD Ryzen 5 4500 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
MSI A320M-A PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws V 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 CL15 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
MSI GT 710 2GD3 LP GeForce GT 710 2 GB Video Card
Thermaltake Smart 430 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Is this the PSU you're working with? How old is the PSU? Can you source a reliably built, branded donor PSU that has at least 450W of power at your system's disposal? By source I meant borrow from a friend or neighbor, not buy.

Which BIOS version were you on for your motherboard? According to the CPU support list for your motherboard, you need to be on BIOS version 7C51v16.zip at the very least to be able to work with that processor on that board. Sadly your motherboard doesn't have a BIOS Flash button, meaning you're going to need a prior generation processor/APU and then get up and running, see what BIOS version you're currently on and then update the BIOS to the latest version, provided you're indeed on the wrong BIOS and the processor you currently have isn't at fault.

You should've looked into a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit to get an uplift in performance from your platform.

Feb 22, 2022
Is this the PSU you're working with? How old is the PSU? Can you source a reliably built, branded donor PSU that has at least 450W of power at your system's disposal? By source I meant borrow from a friend or neighbor, not buy.

Which BIOS version were you on for your motherboard? According to the CPU support list for your motherboard, you need to be on BIOS version 7C51v16.zip at the very least to be able to work with that processor on that board. Sadly your motherboard doesn't have a BIOS Flash button, meaning you're going to need a prior generation processor/APU and then get up and running, see what BIOS version you're currently on and then update the BIOS to the latest version, provided you're indeed on the wrong BIOS and the processor you currently have isn't at fault.

You should've looked into a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit to get an uplift in performance from your platform.

I ordered the 430W PSU from Amazon since this summer, I did not borrow it from a friend, or neighbor. Also, I connected the 1TB hard drive with Windows 11 Pro and all my files on it.

Quote Reply

Report Edit Delete