Question My gaming laptop doesn't seem to work with games anymore.

Feb 28, 2019
So about two and a half years ago I bought the Dell Inspiron 7559 Gaming Laptop. It has been running mostly fine ever since I bought it with a few hiccups, but none recently, until about late last year it kept crashing upon being in-game for about 10-15 mins. From what I've found it happens disregarding if I'm in the menu screen or in the middle of battle.

Basically what happens is the game seizes up and freezes in the foreground. Occasionally it'll completely crash and close the program sending an error message saying that it 'failed to load a texture'. Usually though it wouldn't allow me to force-quit the application manually and I'm unable to switch to other windows since it's stuck in the foreground, not allowing me to reach the task manager.

It doesn't seem to be a case of overheating since it has working fans and when it had overheated before the heat was noticeable through usage.

Note that this even happens with some of the least performance heavy games I have.

Here are the specs:

Name: Inspiron 7559

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

RAM: 8:00 GB (7.87 GB usable) (upgrade-able with another 8 GB RAM slot)

Ask for more specifics if necessary.

Thanks.

WildCard999

Titan
Few things to try...;

-Make sure your GPU or iGPU driver is up to date.
-Try a file repair option for the game or do a full reinstall of the game (file repair is the better option as well as much faster then a reinstall).
-Possible issue with your storage drive?

Feb 28, 2019
Thanks for the info, but unfortunately it didn't help.

I forgot to state that the first few things I tried when this started happening was reinstall the games, update my drivers, make virus scans, and clean my system junk, although nothing worked.

I have just tried your hard drive check and it seems to all be fine. So that's a dead-end too.

At least my hard drive isn't dying so I got that going for me...