[SOLVED] My gaming laptop is not performing the way it should.

Apr 6, 2020
I bought an gaming laptop , hp pavillion gaming . It has an i7 9750H and a Nvidia gtx 1650 graphics card with 8 gigs of ram. It also has an 144hz screen.
On the internet when I search for benchmarks of other people with the same hardware , I find that it's terribly higher than what I'm getting.
For example I play Minecraft , I get always around 60 -120 fps but on the internet it says 400+ fps or at least 300+.
On csgo I rarely hit 100 fps.
Even on cinebench laptops with i7 7th gen have more benchmark scores than me.
It's not bad that I have playable gameplay but I don't get the performance that I should be getting.

Solution
Well, as I said, laptops are more limited anyway. Desktops are better for heavy tweaks and heavy fps - so many changes can be done, parts to be changed-mobo, gpu, cpu, whatever...cooling is ez...Laptops are just what they are for their mobility and low space occupation. Also, it doesn't sound that sad for me, as the system u have still pretty ez gains 60+ fps, if not more.
It may be good just to take a strong desktop configuration as u can change on it most things, if not everything. With a pc you would e.g. change the mobo with one that offers better overclocking, dual/more gpu options, better cooling and so on.
Maybe it is a matter of game settings, or maybe just the fact laptops aren't as strong as PCs for gaming.
Maybe u need overclocking of something. The things u watch may have faster ram or better mobos, tho it is less likely, especially for "terrbly" higher outperformance.

Reactions: Simplybest69
Apr 6, 2020
Maybe it is a matter of game settings, or maybe just the fact laptops aren't as strong as PCs for gaming.
Maybe u need overclocking of something. The things u watch may have faster ram or better mobos, tho it is less likely, especially for "terrbly" higher outperformance.
My laptop does automatic over click upto 4.2ghz but due to the temperature conditions around me , when the laptop touches 4ghz the temperatures reaches 95+ due to which there is thermal throttling . Hence I had to use throttle stop to undervolt it to maximum of 3.4ghz . But still , I watched only laptop gaming specifically as I understand mobile i7 and mobile gtx 1650 aren't as strong as the desktop ones.
If it's the matter of RAM I'm ready to purchase more 8 GB of ram . But I need to confirm it.

Apr 6, 2020
U can put 16 gigs ram, why not. It is always good to do.
The thing is my friend has an Asus Rog strix , it has an i5 9th gen and an gtx 1650 and he gets way more FPS than me. That's the reason I made this thread . They've an option to change mode of laptop , silent , performance and turbo. But we HP users don't . There's not much we can change even in BIOS. It's so sad.

Well, as I said, laptops are more limited anyway. Desktops are better for heavy tweaks and heavy fps - so many changes can be done, parts to be changed-mobo, gpu, cpu, whatever...cooling is ez...Laptops are just what they are for their mobility and low space occupation. Also, it doesn't sound that sad for me, as the system u have still pretty ez gains 60+ fps, if not more.
It may be good just to take a strong desktop configuration as u can change on it most things, if not everything. With a pc you would e.g. change the mobo with one that offers better overclocking, dual/more gpu options, better cooling and so on.

Reactions: Simplybest69
Solution