My gaming set up

iXGamerXi

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
Hey guys, I am planning on making a gaming PC in the near future and I would like some feedback on the choices of my components.
Case: NZXT Phantom 410
CPU: AMD FX-8350
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
GPU: AMD Sapphire R9 270x Toxic
PSU: Corsair 750w
HD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Solution
Intel beats AMD in almost every game, and in almost every application. AMD certainly is a great budget option, but for the price of the 8350, you can get an i5 which outperforms it in almost everything, while using less power and being cooler.

BleedingEdgeTek

Reputable
May 29, 2014
If he had the money to spend over $200 on an SSD, I would get better components.

OP, with the kind of money you're spending on that motherboard and CPU, you should go Intel for better gaming and overall performance. And as said above, I would get a better quality power supply as well.

davethedog69

Honorable
May 13, 2013

I agree, go for Intel

Blah blah, intel fan boys. I have worked with both Intel and AMD i would say AMD is better in a lot of things. Just because Intel has better single core scores, doesnt mean that they are better than AMD. Just go for a better PSU and downgrade the MOBA to a M5A99FX from Asus and get a 280X graphics card and you will be fine.

BleedingEdgeTek

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Intel beats AMD in almost every game, and in almost every application. AMD certainly is a great budget option, but for the price of the 8350, you can get an i5 which outperforms it in almost everything, while using less power and being cooler.

Solution