my gateway is not coming on to the proper home page. it says that my windows could not start because the following file is mis

Status
Not open for further replies.

papsquat

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
my gateway is not coming on to the proper home page. it says that my windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM...... IT ALSO SAY THAT.....: YOU CAN ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THIS FILE BY STARTING WINDOW SETUP USING THE ORIGINAL SETUP CD-ROM. SELECT "R" AT THE FIRST SCREEN TO START REPAIR...... P

Solution
See if the BIOS had a disk check option, often file errors like this are not just an issue with the file but an issue with the hard drive where the system can't read the area the file is stored in. If no BIOS disk check is there, you can create a boot disk like HIRENS or Ultimate Boot CD and use one of the disk utilities they have to run a disk check. If that passes, then you can run a repair setup of Windows to try to clear the error.
See if the BIOS had a disk check option, often file errors like this are not just an issue with the file but an issue with the hard drive where the system can't read the area the file is stored in. If no BIOS disk check is there, you can create a boot disk like HIRENS or Ultimate Boot CD and use one of the disk utilities they have to run a disk check. If that passes, then you can run a repair setup of Windows to try to clear the error.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.