Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
So I just built my gaming PC. Not that fancy after all. I put it on my wooden desk. And i plugged it into my stavol for 220V. My monitor also plugged into the stavol for the same volt. On my desk there's 1m mouspad with metal build mechanical gaming keyboard and the mouse and also there's my laptop. My laptop, keyboard and mouse sometimes instantly zap me when I touch the metal part. I'm planning to put a nail into the wall and wired it with copper will it work as grounding?

Solution
Strongly seconding @DSzymborski

Get an electrician.

The electrician should be able to identify the source of the shock and the fix may be quite simple. A few minutes with a multi-meter is all it should take.

If you do not fix the problem the best that could happen is your not-so fancy, gaming PC build, fries itself.

Worst that could happen is indeed - dying by electric shock or fire as stated above.

I am sure that several of us here (and I include myself) have seen the worst. You do not want that.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
So I just built my gaming PC. Not that fancy after all. I put it on my wooden desk. And i plugged it into my stavol for 220V. My monitor also plugged into the stavol for the same volt. On my desk there's 1m mouspad with metal build mechanical gaming keyboard and the mouse and also there's my laptop. My laptop, keyboard and mouse sometimes instantly zap me when I touch the metal part. I'm planning to put a nail into the wall and wired it with copper will it work as grounding?

No, that's not grounding. There's no true substitute for a proper ground.

Ralston18

Titan
Strongly seconding @DSzymborski

Get an electrician.

The electrician should be able to identify the source of the shock and the fix may be quite simple. A few minutes with a multi-meter is all it should take.

If you do not fix the problem the best that could happen is your not-so fancy, gaming PC build, fries itself.

Worst that could happen is indeed - dying by electric shock or fire as stated above.

I am sure that several of us here (and I include myself) have seen the worst. You do not want that.

Solution