My Gigabyte 1070 GPU wont work properly

Sep 26, 2018
I have been asking literally everywhere and still have not got any advice from anyone and it is really getting frustrating so I am going to list everything I can. I used to have an old 1050 I recently upgraded to a GIgabyte 1070 G1, I was thinking this was going to be some massive amazing upgrade and it was the complete opposite. Games that used to run perfect and silent on my 1050 now has my fans making noise that is unbearable, when I play games even on average settings like PUBG or even low settings on Rust the fans got really loud and I am not getting anything spectacular in terms of performance I am getting like 85 fps on rust on lowish settings and the fps jumps around and buffers at like 5fps for a second then 50 then 80 then 30. I have not even tried anything demanding yet because if it works like this on these games AAA games will make my PC sound like a jet engine. I honestly cant believe I spent £270 on this card, it is used but was told it is basically un used. So anyway I moved on to try and fix this by getting a fan curve. I installed gigabytes own Xtreme gaming Utility, does not do a damn thing. I set the fans to 0% doesn't make a difference does the exact same things in the games. So then I try MSI Afterburner, I get the grey homepage for it that shows tempatures. I set fan curve again completely ignores it as well. I could be playing a game and it could say fans are at 0 and it is still making noise or it just ignores my settings altogether and fan speed jumps to 29% or 49% etc. I am honestly at the point now where I just feel like giving up on PC gaming and getting a xbox one x because I spent over £300 on a gpu and a new Gold certified PSU and this is what I have to deal with, PC Gaming is basically just stress. Wouild really appreciate any help thank you

Sep 26, 2018

Gigabyte 1070 G1
Corsair 650 watt Gold Certified TXM
Intel i7 3770
Intel desktboard

Sep 26, 2018

It is used but buyer said it has been in his machine for a year without being used and is basically new

Sep 26, 2018

It could be like 67% or something in PUBG but the issue is the fans will be really loud. I have two monitors for example I couldn't play a game on one monitor while watching a movie the fans will be that loud. My main issue is figuring out a way to control my GPU fans so even if card gets a bit too hot at least the sound will be bearable thank you.