[SOLVED] My Gigabyte 2080 wont fit into Asus H110M-A/M.2 due to audio jack. How to remove?

Oct 20, 2019
Is there anyway i can cut it off or pull it out? The card would fit easily if it wasnt for it.

I cant attach the pic but its the one thqt is used for mic, lin out and line inc. Help plz

Or do i have to get new mobo?

Oct 20, 2019
You mean the audio interface of the rear IO of the motherboard? That's not removable.
However, I'm very surprised that it's interfering with PCIe slot population - it's physically designed to be out of the way....

Yeah its on the way unless i remove the big metal plate covering the hdmi ports on the card. The bracket i mean. The one that screws to chassis

Oct 20, 2019
Could you post a picture of it interfering? I'm surprised that would be the case...
I upped the video. Only thing i think of is removing the bracket and letting the card sit in the slot without being screwed to tbe chassis of the computer. Until i get another mobo or case. That wont be a problem, will it?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I see what you're thinking, was a little shaky to get a clear image at certain points.... but I don't think it's as bad as you think.
Around the 1:20 mark, you have the IO bracket almost in place - the tabs at the bottom need to slip down between the motherboard & the case itself. Work on fitting those into place, and you should be fine. Doesn't look like the backplate interferes with the audio jacks.

You definitely have slim margins to work with - but it should fit.

I upped the video. Only thing i think of is removing the bracket and letting the card sit in the slot without being screwed to tbe chassis of the computer. Until i get another mobo or case. That wont be a problem, will it?

That certainly could be a problem, yes. I would not suggest doing this.
If you lay your case down, it might be ok.... in theory. In practice, the card will move, which will put strain on the PCIe slot & PCIe connector on the card itself - that may cause irreparable damage to either/or/both.

Oct 20, 2019
I removed the d link wireless adapter which was on tbe way and it now i fit the card but now i dont have internet as card is blocking the d link modem slot

I have attached a pic

The d link was fit right below the card. What the hell do i do now? There must be an external way i can get to my wifi

https://ibb.co/hRTwRP6

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If the slot for your Wifi adapter is now blocked by the larger GPU, then you're not able to use that slot/card anymore.

There are USB solutions, which is your only real option left if you need Wifi.

Where are you located @zaman25 ? I could take a look and see what decent options are available to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: zaman25
Oct 20, 2019
If the slot for your Wifi adapter is now blocked by the larger GPU, then you're not able to use that slot/card anymore.

There are USB solutions, which is your only real option left if you need Wifi.

Where are you located @zaman25 ? I could take a look and see what decent options are available to you.
I am in Christchurch/New zealand. I was looking at some usb wifi adaptors. Cheap ones because I have VDSL and never play games online, just single player. Only played Division Dark zone but even that was good speed and no issue

Thanks mate

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Some of the "cheap" offerings can be pretty unstable - but overall functional, and should be capable of providing your max speeds from VDSL.

Locally, the best quality/reputable for a reasonable price is the TP-Link AC600 at $45NZ.
https://www.pcforce.co.nz/index.php...ucts_id=4751&zenid=iea15fmtnuhv55gactkp7je6m7

For the "cheap" options, personally, I'd opt for one of these as they disclose what chip is being used inside:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_52

Either of the two rightmost options ($7NZ) would be more than capable. I'd probably opt for the one with the extended antenna unless I was mounting the USB to the front of a case.

Technically overkill for the speeds you'll be getting, but for the sake of $2 or so (for the cheaper two), I'd opt for either of those.

Solution