[SOLVED] My Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite has problems booting sometimes?

Sep 8, 2020
So like the Title says My Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite has problems booting. The debug lights go all over switching from VGA, CPU, Dram, and BOOT. When it doesn't Boot the light stays on BOOT but if I shut it off the both VGA and CPU debug light up and stays lit even when I unplugged all the wire from the board. The debug lights only shut off when I replug the the 24 pin connector again. It then actually boots but skips bios and no debug lights are on.

Reactions: AdrianTheHumble
So like the Title says My Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite has problems booting. The debug lights go all over switching from VGA, CPU, Dram, and BOOT. When it doesn't Boot the light stays on BOOT but if I shut it off the both VGA and CPU debug light up and stays lit even when I unplugged all the wire from the board. The debug lights only shut off when I replug the the 24 pin connector again. It then actually boots but skips bios and no debug lights are on.
What GPU are you using? Have you updated BIOS recently?

There is an issue with initializing a PCIe gen 4 GPU when it's installed in a gen 3 slot that's been fixed with more recent BIOS'. That might be your problem if it's a Radeon 5000 series GPU. (or Radeon VII i guess, if unlikely)