[SOLVED] My gigabyte gpu fan rattles

May 15, 2020
I bought a Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super windforce two months ago and this card has gave me nothing but troubles. very high temps reaching mid 80s with gpu fans reaching 95% and then there is this fan rattling problem...fan is making very grindy noise at 80% fan usage which is ultimately weird what should i do? is there a fix for this or should i just return it? what if i return it and the same problem happens? I'M STUCK

Solution
I bought a Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super windforce two months ago and this card has gave me nothing but troubles. very high temps reaching mid 80s with gpu fans reaching 95% and then there is this fan rattling problem...fan is making very grindy noise at 80% fan usage which is ultimately weird what should i do? is there a fix for this or should i just return it? what if i return it and the same problem happens? I'M STUCK
I have the RTX-2060 Windforce witch I'm pretty sure shares the same cooling system with your 1660s. I just opened up my case, and kinda pushed the two plastic pieces together. That reduced the rattling to the point where it was still there, but not really audible when gaming, even without headphones. Another solution...
Apr 8, 2020
I have the RTX-2060 Windforce witch I'm pretty sure shares the same cooling system with your 1660s. I just opened up my case, and kinda pushed the two plastic pieces together. That reduced the rattling to the point where it was still there, but not really audible when gaming, even without headphones. Another solution might be to set the fan curve so fans don't hit the percentages on witch they rattle (For me rattling only was occurring between 70% and 75% fan speed). As for the temps, It's probably up to the case airflow, mid 80s are not that bad unless the GPU throttles. My 2060, witch is naturally a bit hotter GPU than yours, never goes above 75°C.

Solution
May 15, 2020
I have the RTX-2060 Windforce witch I'm pretty sure shares the same cooling system with your 1660s. I just opened up my case, and kinda pushed the two plastic pieces together. That reduced the rattling to the point where it was still there, but not really audible when gaming, even without headphones. Another solution might be to set the fan curve so fans don't hit the percentages on witch they rattle (For me rattling only was occurring between 70% and 75% fan speed). As for the temps, It's probably up to the case airflow, mid 80s are not that bad unless the GPU throttles. My 2060, witch is naturally a bit hotter GPU than yours, never goes above 75°C.
thank you very much
one more question, will this rattling affect the gpu on the long rum?