[SOLVED] My Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming Motherboard (rev.1) can't boot

Oct 5, 2019
Hi everyone,
I just built my pc and when I I boot up the computer, there is no signal displayed onto my monitor. CPU LED stays lit for half a second then goes away, and then DRAM LED lit up few seconds and repeat. I tried single ram stick, alternating ram slot and ram stick nothing works. everything else seem working properly every fan spinning, water cooler working, VGA and ram RGP also lit, and weird thing is ram rgp light up without turning on, also the monitor worked perfectly with my laptop. Can some one please help?
my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 6 core AM4 3.6GHz CPU with Wraith Stealth Cooler
Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming Socket AM4 ATX Motherboard (rev.1)
SSD: Samsung 250GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD
Ram: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance Pro RGB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming 6G OC Pro Graphics Card
PSU: Corsair RM550x 550W V2 Power Supply Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA3 HDD 64M Caviar Blue WD10EZEX

It said that my mobo is ryzen 3000 ready on the website but i dont know does it need bios update to ready or it's already ready or ryzen 3000. Also i could find my ram in ram support list of the mobo. Is it a huge problem?

Solution
I will try to figure out which way to save money QAQ. Anyways, thank you so much for your help. I will update you if after updating my mobo, the problem solved or not. :)
If I were you, I would just buy a ryzen 3000 ready motherboard, to avoid all the fuss, but it's your move. Hope it works out for you!

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hi everyone,
I just built my pc and when I I boot up the computer, there is no signal displayed onto my monitor. CPU LED stays lit for half a second then goes away, and then DRAM LED lit up few seconds and repeat. I tried single ram stick, alternating ram slot and ram stick nothing works. everything else seem working properly every fan spinning, water cooler working, VGA and ram RGP also lit, and weird thing is ram rgp light up without turning on, also the monitor worked perfectly with my laptop. Can some one please help?
my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 6 core AM4 3.6GHz CPU with Wraith Stealth Cooler
Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming Socket AM4 ATX Motherboard (rev.1)
SSD: Samsung 250GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD
Ram: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance Pro RGB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming 6G OC Pro Graphics Card
PSU: Corsair RM550x 550W V2 Power Supply Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA3 HDD 64M Caviar Blue WD10EZEX

It said that my mobo is ryzen 3000 ready on the website but i dont know does it need bios update to ready or it's already ready or ryzen 3000. Also i could find my ram in ram support list of the mobo. Is it a huge problem?
To be sure that your mobo is ryzen 3000 ready it must say it on the mobo's box, on the front. Also, check if you have connected your monitor to your gpu.

Reactions: Julie2703
Oct 5, 2019
To be sure that your mobo is ryzen 3000 ready it must say it on the mobo's box, on the front. Also, check if you have connected your monitor to your gpu.
Ah, I checked on the mobo's box, it just says 2000 ready but I checked on the website, it says 3000 ready.
I think I will try to get AMD 2000 series chip to get my mobo updated. (T_T will spend more money on buying that chip tho T_T)

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Ah, I checked on the mobo's box, it just says 2000 ready but I checked on the website, it says 3000 ready.
I think I will try to get AMD 2000 series chip to get my mobo updated. (T_T will spend more money on buying that chip tho T_T)
Never buy stuff without being 100% sure that it's the one you want. It may say it on the website, but this isn't a guarantee that it's 3000 ready. You need to perform a bios update now. You can buy a ryzen 2000, use it to update the bios and then send it back and get a refund. Also, AMD had a ryzen booting kit available on their website, to be able to update the bios. I don't know if they still have it, but you can check. The third thing you can do is go to a local pc shop and ask them to do the bios update for a price. The fourth thing you can do is send the mobo back, get a refund and buy a ryzen 3000 ready motherboard. If you don't want to spend too much, you don't need to buy an x570 motherboard. You can buy msi's b450 tomahawk max, it's 3000 ready out of the box. But make sure it's the MAX version. Either of those actions I recommended will do. I hope I helped you!

Reactions: Julie2703
Oct 5, 2019
Never buy stuff without being 100% sure that it's the one you want. It may say it on the website, but this isn't a guarantee that it's 3000 ready. You need to perform a bios update now. You can buy a ryzen 2000, use it to update the bios and then send it back and get a refund. Also, AMD had a ryzen booting kit available on their website, to be able to update the bios. I don't know if they still have it, but you can check. The third thing you can do is go to a local pc shop and ask them to do the bios update for a price. The fourth thing you can do is send the mobo back, get a refund and buy a ryzen 3000 ready motherboard. If you don't want to spend too much, you don't need to buy an x570 motherboard. You can buy msi's b450 tomahawk max, it's 3000 ready out of the box. But make sure it's the MAX version. Either of those actions I recommended will do. I hope I helped you!
I will try to figure out which way to save money QAQ. Anyways, thank you so much for your help. I will update you if after updating my mobo, the problem solved or not. :)