[SOLVED] My GPU´s TDP doesn´t go above 60% even at full load

Aug 29, 2022
Yesterday i went to play games and noticed that my performance and temperatures were much lower, every application that i tried presented the same problem, i went into gpu-z and it shows that my card is always at idle even if it supposed to draw max power, any idea of what could be happening?

Specs:
i5 10400F

GTX 1650 SUPER 4G D6 GIGABYTE

16GB DDR4 RAM HYPER X FURY
2400MHZ

CORSAIR CV 550 80 PLUS BRONZE

Solution
So, I'd say then that it's the card, and most graphics cards have a 3 year warranty so I'd touch base with the shop you bought it at to see if they can help with that, if not you might have to try and deal with getting an RMA done that I guess will mean going out of country with shipping etc. Otherwise, not sure what else you could do aside from buying another card.
SUPER, SUPER TERRIBLE power supply, and that is maybe the first thing you might want to look at upgrading/eliminating as a contributor to your power related issues.

Aside from that, have you done a CLEAN install of the Nvidia drivers using the DDU?

When this system was built, or at any point in the last, well, recent memory, have you done a "clean" install of Windows?

How long have you had this card? Did you you buy it new or used, and from where?

Aug 29, 2022
@Darkbreeze I had the same issue with my old power supply too, then i bought that one (yeah i know that it is terrible but hardware around here is super expensive), and yes i did go through a clean installation using DDU and didn´t change anything, i did a clean install of windows very recently too.
I have this card since late 2020, i bought it new from the best hardware shop around here.

So, to start with it would be helpful to know where "around her" is? Always good to know where the person you are trying to help is located because options and tactics required can vary a lot from region to region.

What is your motherboard model? And actually, FULL specifications would be helpful.

Aug 29, 2022
@Darkbreeze just scrolls the images, the only things that aren´t there is the case, that i think it is an aerocool-500 mid tower, power supply is a Corsair CV 550 80 PLUS Bronze 550W CP-9020210-BR , CPU cooler is a Cooler Master AMD/Intel Hyper H411R RR-H411-20PW-R1 , the SATA SSD´s are some sketchy ones from Goldenfir(Aliexpress), I have 3 Case fans (Cooler Master Sickleflow) and a aerocool fanhub.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022
@Darkbreeze Nope, just got the PC out of sleep mode and booted into a game like normal, then the problem began, Today i did test the GPU on 3 different systems and it behaved the very same, i booted into a game or some gpu intensive task that should use the card to the full capacity and the tdp refused to go above 60ish%, then i went into GPU-Z and the Perfcap was always at idle despite of what i was doing with the system

So, I'd say then that it's the card, and most graphics cards have a 3 year warranty so I'd touch base with the shop you bought it at to see if they can help with that, if not you might have to try and deal with getting an RMA done that I guess will mean going out of country with shipping etc. Otherwise, not sure what else you could do aside from buying another card.

Solution