[SOLVED] My GPU 3080 Ti (Asus TUF) working low!

sashabcro

Commendable
May 29, 2020
So I recently change my old 3070 with 3080 Ti and it's working same or even lower then my previous GPU. FPS in New World is lower or the same, below is my 3D Mark Demo score which is a lot below average. I managed to get a little higher CPU score with default CLOCK from MBO Bios but my GPU is performing much lower than even 3080. I have cleaned drivers with DDU and did fresh installation, also I'm using 144Hz screen which is set up correctly, so no issues there, Windows mode is set under Ultimate Performance, latest drivers installed. Anyone can think what could this be issues? PSU is brand new RM850x. Thank you.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/67463335

Solution
Is the missing M.2 Sabrent a Gen 4 drive, and installed in the top slot?

Try updating the bios, and clear CMOS afterward.
Find the PCIe Link Speed option in bios and manually set it to Gen 3 instead of Auto.
As for the ram, set it back to 3000mhz like you had it before...

Wait a minute, these kits that you've mixed don't even have the same primary timings:
15-17-17-35
16-20-20-38
Actually don't run them at 3000mhz. Did you ever test this for stability?

sashabcro

Commendable
May 29, 2020
My CPU is i7-8086K clocked to 4401MHz, MBO is MSI Z370M Mortar, have M2 Sabrent gen 3 and 32GB DDR4. Even if CPU is lower, my GPU score is a lot below average which is around 18,500 score.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Can you do a userbenchmark run instead?
I really don't know how to interpret the info from 3D Mark very well - besides temperatures and gpu memory clock.

Close the browser and all monitoring software before you run UBM.

Also, IF you are using the latest Nvidia driver, try DDU'ing and rolling back to an earlier one. I've noticed an increasing number of cases implying that the latest one is borked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.

sashabcro

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Can you do a userbenchmark run instead?
I really don't know how to interpret the info from 3D Mark very well - besides temperatures and gpu memory clock.

Close the browser and all monitoring software before you run UBM.

Also, IF you are using the latest Nvidia driver, try DDU'ing and rolling back to an earlier one. I've noticed an increasing number of cases implying that the latest one is borked.
Here are the results from userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47225929

I already did DDU and did fresh installation, also I plug in two separate PCIE cables from PSU not just one.

sashabcro

Commendable
May 29, 2020

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is the missing M.2 Sabrent a Gen 4 drive, and installed in the top slot?

Try updating the bios, and clear CMOS afterward.
Find the PCIe Link Speed option in bios and manually set it to Gen 3 instead of Auto.
As for the ram, set it back to 3000mhz like you had it before...

Wait a minute, these kits that you've mixed don't even have the same primary timings:
15-17-17-35
16-20-20-38
Actually don't run them at 3000mhz. Did you ever test this for stability?

Solution