Question My GPU are fans not spinning

Gepochs

Reputable
Jan 7, 2020
I just downloaded GPU z and came to know that my GPU temp was getting very high ~ 85-90 C moderate gaming(CS GO) usage. I assembled my new PC in Oct 19. I have a core i3 9100f & a GTX 1660 Galax 1 click OC Dual fans and Corsair VS450. Is it a PSU problem or something else? My GPU(Galax GTX 1660+ Corsair VS450 + AsRock H310CM-HDV + i3 9100f + samsung 8gb ddr4 ram WD 2TB HDD + Galax 128 Gb SSD ) fans only spin at startup for like 2 seconds and then stop spinning. Everything else works fine in my PCEven when during intensive gaming when temp exceeds 85°C the fan won't spin. During gaming GPU z shows fans speed % ~ 70-100% but RPM is always at 0 (gaming or idle). I tried custom curve in MSI afterburner but didn't work out. Please help.

Last edited:

Gepochs

Reputable
Jan 7, 2020
Welcome to the forums!

Which color is the label of the VS PSU? You should've ideally chosen a 550W unit as opposed to a 450W unit. On another note, are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard?
80+ White, No, I've never updated my bios & I don't know to do it.
Update/Correction: temperature during Idle usage(browsing, movies) is around 35°C -45°C but the fan never spins .
I just observed that while disconnecting 6 pin connector the fans do the same behavior spin about a couple of seconds and then just stop spinning(except the pc shows to connect 6 pin at startup) I think the Card is not receiving power supply.

Last edited: