Question My GPU crashes my whole system only when getting into load

Apr 8, 2022
Hello, ive been having some weird issues with my GPU.

Whenever i get into load my GPU just crashes instantly, i can either be any gaming load (it doesnt happen in the menus or anything like that but it happens when the game actually loads) and any stress test (tried with OCCT it crashes on both the power and 3d test but not the VRAM test). I initially thought it was the PSU so changed it to a new 600w EVGA BA PSU without any luck. The crash is instant, it may take half a second for it to crash. My whole monitor goes black and the fans start going crazy, but if i have anything audio going on in the background it keeps going.

If i am using my PC normally it works just fine without any issues for a long period of time

I also tried reinstalling drivers with DDU, reinstalling windows to no luck... I dont really know what to do

Any help would be aprecciated. My PC specs are

ASRock H170M Pro4
I5 6600
16gb of G.Skill DDR4 ram at 2133MHz
MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G
EVGA 600BA 80+ Bronze power supply
Samsung 980 NVME 1TB

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old was the prior PSU in your build? Make and model of the older PSU? A system that turns off when it's taxed can happen for one of two reasons;
a| the PSU is incapable of delivering power to the system when taxed
or
b| there's an overheating issue

For the sake of relevance, are you able to get into BISO and remain there without a reboot or a lock up? While there, please check and see what your BIOS version is. Can you get a hold of another PSU? Use HWMonitor to take note of your temps prior to the shutdown.

Reactions: Mandark
Apr 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old was the prior PSU in your build? Make and model of the older PSU? A system that turns off when it's taxed can happen for one of two reasons;
a| the PSU is incapable of delivering power to the system when taxed
or
b| there's an overheating issue

For the sake of relevance, are you able to get into BISO and remain there without a reboot or a lock up? While there, please check and see what your BIOS version is. Can you get a hold of another PSU? Use HWMonitor to take note of your temps prior to the shutdown.
Thanks for the welcome!

The PSU i had on the build was an EVGA 500 W1, it was about 4-5 years old but ive never had any issue with it, i changed it because i thought it was damaged but it works just fine.

Also yes, i can use the PC normally, i can get in the BIOS and everything, my BIOS version is 7.20 (the latest on Asrocks website). And i cant get another PSU at the moment.

The temps when it crashes are 55c on the GPU

Thanks for the quick response!!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS