My gpu does not seem to be working properly..

aaronmcphee201

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
So I have a pretty hight end pc
Quad core i7
16gb ram
Amd radion r7 360
700watt psu
But for what ever reason my brand new gpu does not seem to be working properly.. I'm running the hdmi output from it so I know it works It also works better sometimes... Like one day I'll boot it up and it'll make a slightly louder noise but I'll get my 60fps but sometimes it's quiet and I get about 20 fps... Don't know why I have the new drivers I've set it to best performance idk what else to try I have tried as much as I can to fix the problem

Can you run a non game test, like 3dmark, to see if it appears to be working normally? The problem with using a game as a test is the game itself can be the problem.

By the way, an R7 360 is an entry level gaming card at best. In newer and in more demanding games it will struggle. The noise is likely the fan, which will work harder and therefore create more noise, when the card is running hotter. So on a warm day it might make more noise than on a cool day. Or on a day when you use your computer a lot it'll probably be noisier than on a day when you don't use the computer for much.

aaronmcphee201

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
See the thing is it works great sometimes... Like when I play skyrim for example one time I'll play skyrim it'll be 60fps the next time I play it with no new mods nothing it'll be at like 25fps I don't get why