Question my gpu driver is updating weirdly

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
so i have amd radeon vega 11 ( not the one in the ryzen apu, i cant find it anywhere on the internet so you may have trouble finding it ) and a radeon r5 apu. this problem happened when i installed the radeon software for my apu, so i install it, and my radeon vega 11 is gone. so normally what i do is go to device manager click update driver and click browse for drivers on this computer and then click let me click from a list of available drivers. so when it is installed there is an option to install it, but there isn't, so i untick the box that says show compatable hardware, and i find it there. so i install it, but there is no difference when i play games, and i downloaded speccy, and it says my graphics is vega 11 but my moniter is radeon r5, and i know this is a problem because normally there both vega 11 but now there not. so what im trying to do is actually get my drivers back. i have had a simalier problem to this, and the problem was when i go into update, and click search for updates, the driver update would pop up and it worked again, so i think that maybe that is the solution. if this made any sense could someone please help, this would mean the world to me!

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
so i have amd vega 11 graphics (not amd rx vega 11 graphics from the ryzen igpu) and i have intergrated radeon r5 graphics, and i have always had issues with the radeon vega 11 graphics. i recently reset my laptop, and when i reset it, it had to download all of the drivers for everything, and i saw it was downloading the radeon r5 and the vega 11 graphics drivers, it finished downloading the radeon r5 but it said an error occoured and i had to restart. so i restarted and i t wasn't there, and i have had an issue where i installed the drivers for radeon r5 and i couldn't use the vega 11 (btw, when i want to use r5 or vega 11 i have to update to it) and it appeared in the windows update so i could use it again. so what i am trying to get at is, could anyone try and find the drivers for vega 11.
i have done tonnes of research and on the acer website they only have the drivers for radeon r5 graphics, but the only place where i could find where it says vega 11 graphics and not radeon rx vega 11 graphics from the ryzen igpu is here - https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-22/150714. the first row is my laptop, if anyone could help find drivers for it that would be super helpful!
my gpu - https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/854583/AMD-RadeonTM-Vega-11-Graphics
computer specs -
acer aspire a315-22
amd a9-9420e
amd radeon vega 11, amd radeon r5 graphics
8gb ddr4 933Mhz ram
256gb ssd

Last edited:

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
so i have amd vega 11 graphics (not amd rx vega 11 graphics from the ryzen igpu) and i have intergrated radeon r5 graphics, and i have always had issues with the radeon vega 11 graphics. i recently reset my laptop, and when i reset it, it had to download all of the drivers for everything, and i saw it was downloading the radeon r5 and the vega 11 graphics drivers, it finished downloading the radeon r5 but it said an error occoured and i had to restart. so i restarted and i t wasn't there, and i have had an issue where i installed the drivers for radeon r5 and i couldn't use the vega 11 (btw, when i want to use r5 or vega 11 i have to update to it) and it appeared in the windows update so i could use it again. so what i am trying to get at is, could anyone try and find the drivers for vega 11.
i have done tonnes of research and on the acer website they only have the drivers for radeon r5 graphics, but the only place where i could find where it says vega 11 graphics and not radeon rx vega 11 graphics from the ryzen igpu is here - https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-22/150714. the first row is my laptop, if anyone could help find drivers for it that would be super helpful!
my gpu - https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/854583/AMD-RadeonTM-Vega-11-Graphics
computer specs -
acer aspire a315-22
amd a9-9420e
amd radeon vega 11, amd radeon r5 graphics
8gb ddr4 933Mhz ram
256gb ssd