[SOLVED] My gpu fan curve

Jun 30, 2020
I bought it about 6 months ago and it was used so I don’t know how old it is, I have got a good airflow (at least I think it does) and the gpu usage goes up to about high 80% sometimes over, it only hits above 80c when I’m watching a video and playing games but I just want it a little bit cooler

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If the higher fan curve doesn't help you, the next step is to look into changing your airflow situation... and if that doesn't work, then the thermal paste likely needs to be replaced.

Corsair's Carbide Spec 05 has a choke point with its front panel design.

If that's too much work for some reason, can you at least remove the front, top, and side panels and check your gpu's thermals under load?
This will show how much the chassis restricts air entering and escaping it. If flow is good, you shouldn't see more than a few degrees(C) difference in gpu temps from before(80C).

Jun 30, 2020
If the higher fan curve doesn't help you, the next step is to look into changing your airflow situation... and if that doesn't work, then the thermal paste likely needs to be replaced.

Corsair's Carbide Spec 05 has a choke point with its front panel design.

If that's too much work for some reason, can you at least remove the front, top, and side panels and check your gpu's thermals under load?
This will show how much the chassis restricts air entering and escaping it. If flow is good, you shouldn't see more than a few degrees(C) difference in gpu temps from before(80C).
I changed my fan curve and the temp is now mostly 75-79c I just don’t really want to take my pc apart, should I just clean my graphics card since I haven’t cleaned it in 6 months

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I changed my fan curve and the temp is now mostly 75-79c
As long as the fan noise doesn't bother you, then cool!(y)

I just don’t really want to take my pc apart, should I just clean my graphics card since I haven’t cleaned it in 6 months
1)You'll have to soon or later - for more thorough cleaning, at least.
2)It wouldn't hurt to clean the gpu.

Solution