Question My GPU fan incredibly loud all the time.

Feb 13, 2020
I bought a new computer about a year ago (pre built). A couple of months ago when i woke up one morning and turned on my computer it sounded like a jet engine. In the beginning it got really loud when i played demanding games and it stopped when i turned off the pc. Now it gets really loud when I turn on the pc and it keeps on being loud until I turn it off. I am certain it is the graphics card fan because I tried taking out the plug for the other fans and it is still loud, I got a nvidia Geforce 1080 8GB.

I have tried downloading Speedfan and MSI afterburner, I don't really know how they work but I think I did the right thing and they still didn't make the fan less loud. I have tried opening up my case and removing the dust, but nothing seem to be helping.

Please help.

allbies1

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
What temperatures are you getting on your gpu? I had a similar issue last week so I took my card apart, completely dusted it with compressed air, a brush and re-applied worn thermal paste. Now it's 20 degrees cooler in the same scenarios and naturally, quieter.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Feb 13, 2020
What temperatures are you getting on your gpu? I had a similar issue last week so I took my card apart, completely dusted it with compressed air, a brush and re-applied worn thermal paste. Now it's 20 degrees cooler in the same scenarios and naturally, quieter.

It's like 55-60 when I play games and like 35 when im not, in both scenarios it's still very loud. Temperatures is in C.