[SOLVED] My gpu fans are going crazy and my screen wont turn on

marten25kais

Prominent
Mar 16, 2018
So as i explained my pc wont turn on, I have a msi x570 pro and I have a 8 pin socket and a 4 pin socket next to my cpu, and I only have a 8 pin wire. Could that be the problem why my pc isnt turning on properly?

Solution
So there are two arguments about the new x570 motherboards. Normally 8 pin is enough for regular cpus. But with the new pcie4.o chipsets they are saying it may need the 4 pin to be used because of the new Agesa and pcie 4.0 format. Some argue that the 4 pin is not needed for pcie 4.0. I am advising you so that you may want to troubleshoot with the 8+4 plugged in. Btw what is your entire build?
So there are two arguments about the new x570 motherboards. Normally 8 pin is enough for regular cpus. But with the new pcie4.o chipsets they are saying it may need the 4 pin to be used because of the new Agesa and pcie 4.0 format. Some argue that the 4 pin is not needed for pcie 4.0. I am advising you so that you may want to troubleshoot with the 8+4 plugged in. Btw what is your entire build?

Solution