[SOLVED] my gpu freezes while gaming

Nov 27, 2020
i have a average dell laptop.
2 years past everything was doing good i used to play games like csgo gta cod bo2 etc then suddenly random freezes started occuring games freezed but sound countinued i uninstalled and reinstalled my grafics driver yes i have done many cmd system checks like sfc scan dism etc nothing fixes plz i need imidiate help
my specs
8gb ddr4 ram
intel i7 5820k 3.6 ghz
Radeon 530 4gb

Last edited:
Solution
82C for a laptop is not "too high". It is considered high but I have seen many laptops going to the 90s without freezing. They thermal throttle instead.
I believe that the thermal paste of the gpu has started to dry.
Your best course of action is to replace it and if you put a decent one, you will get lower temps than before without the external fan.
Nov 27, 2020
i have a average dell laptop.
2 years past everything was doing good i used to play games like csgo gta cod bo2 etc then suddenly random freezes started occuring games freezed but sound countinued i uninstalled and reinstalled my grafics driver yes i have done many cmd system checks like sfc scan dism etc nothing fixes plz i need imidiate help
my specs
8gb ddr4 ram
intel i7 5820k 3.6 ghz
Radeon 530 4gb
re:guys i found the cause + fix
i ran a gpu intensive game with msi ocd on fps ,temp,usgae etc soon after some freezes i relaized that the freeze occured as gpu reached 82 deggre celcius temprature maybe the gpu max temp limit as my gpu doesnt support overclocking i manage to buy an external cooler and yeah that helped now i can play games without freezes while the temp stays under 75 deggre celcius if anyone else had this issue maybe he can find his cause and solution this way!

82C for a laptop is not "too high". It is considered high but I have seen many laptops going to the 90s without freezing. They thermal throttle instead.
Your best course of action is to replace it and if you put a decent one, you will get lower temps than before without the external fan.

Solution
Nov 27, 2020
TY for you reply ok ill apply a new thermal paste asap !

Nov 27, 2020
btw forgot to mention that the oveheating only occurs when playing games while charger connected not when with battery so yeah even on battery my pc uses dedicated gpu so why overheating doesnt occur can it be a problem with psu or ac adapter?