[SOLVED] MY GPU IS ALMOST ALWAYS ON 0 % USAGE

Feb 15, 2021
hello,
iam using gtx 1070 8gb oc with i7 7700 and 32 gb ram
previous i was having 16 gb ram, i change my ram brand , after that while in game play i noticed that my gpu usage is zero always , i delete riva tuner and check my task manager is always 0 % not just in game. can you help me how to fix it?
thanks..

Last edited:
Solution
Have you run furmark yet? I believe the reason that your gpu is at zero on desktop is due to it usibg the iGPU. In games if it's at zero your are also probably using the iGPU. If not, then somethings wrong software or hardware wise (prob software tho). Please run furmark and tell me what happens with your gpu usage.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Are you experiencing problems in game? I don't think its abnormal for a gpu to be at zero when not in a game (I think your computer will use the integrated graphics in your cpu to save power when no heavy lifting is needed) and rivatuner could just be messing up. I'd suggest running furmark and see what your readings are.

Feb 15, 2021
Are you experiencing problems in game? I don't think its abnormal for a gpu to be at zero when not in a game (I think your computer will use the integrated graphics in your cpu to save power when no heavy lifting is needed) and rivatuner could just be messing up. I'd suggest running furmark and see what your readings are.
it cause some fps drop, and i put my gpu to run always, i dont have another gpu in my cpu, i just have one gpu gtx 1070

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Your processor does have integrated graphics, you can check this by possibly going to task manager and looking for a gpu 1 or going to the nvidia control pannel->3d settings and clicking on the select which gpu to use as default (I think its called something like that.) Also, have you tried running a stress test to see if that raises your gpu usage? It is quite possible that your games are using the iGPU for some reason and that is causing your problem.

Feb 15, 2021
Your processor does have integrated graphics, you can check this by possibly going to task manager and looking for a gpu 1 or going to the nvidia control pannel->3d settings and clicking on the select which gpu to use as default (I think its called something like that.) Also, have you tried running a stress test to see if that raises your gpu usage? It is quite possible that your games are using the iGPU for some reason and that is causing your problem.
hey bro, yeh iam using my gtx 1070 as a default and still have same issue

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Have you run furmark yet? I believe the reason that your gpu is at zero on desktop is due to it usibg the iGPU. In games if it's at zero your are also probably using the iGPU. If not, then somethings wrong software or hardware wise (prob software tho). Please run furmark and tell me what happens with your gpu usage.

Solution