[SOLVED] My gpu is detected on boot but not by windows 10

Aug 24, 2021
My gpu is AMD Radeon r9 200, my motherboard is the ASROCK x570 phantom gaming 4 and my cpu is amd ryzen 5 3600. I believe my cpu and motherboard do not have integrated graphics and I still have display show up and my pc boots fine. However, when I go on my task manager under the performance tab my gpu does not show up, and under display adapter in device manager I have a windows default driver. The first obvious solution I came up with was installing drivers for my graphics card, but every time I try to install new drivers windows does not startup properly upon restart. It takes me to windows repair options every time I try to install new drivers. The only way I’ve found to fix windows is doing a system restore from before I installed the new drivers. This is my first pc build, my Radeon r9 200 came from my previous ic which was an Alienware x51. Any help would be appreciated

Solution
Based on the specification information on ASRock website, your Mobo have integrated graphic on it.
It does not. You're reading specs wrong.

Integrated graphics lives in CPU. If specific CPU model doesn't have integrated graphics, then you don't have it.
Ryzen 5 3600 doesn't have integrated graphics.
My gpu is AMD Radeon r9 200, my motherboard is the ASROCK x570 phantom gaming 4 and my cpu is amd ryzen 5 3600. I believe my cpu and motherboard do not have integrated graphics and I still have display show up and my pc boots fine. However, when I go on my task manager under the performance tab my gpu does not show up, and under display adapter in device manager I have a windows default driver. The first obvious solution I came up with was installing drivers for my graphics card, but every time I try to install new drivers windows does not startup properly upon restart. It takes me to windows repair options every time I try to install new drivers. The only way I’ve found to fix windows is doing a system restore from before I installed the new drivers. This is my first pc build, my Radeon r9 200 came from my previous ic which was an Alienware x51. Any help would be appreciated
Just because the PC boots with the gpu dosn't mean it knows the gpu specifically they do have bugs. However your problem may lay somewhere else where you'd think it it's a r9 200 but it's not. Did you verify with the sticker one back of your gpu?

Aug 24, 2021
Just because the PC boots with the gpu dosn't mean it knows the gpu specifically they do have bugs. However your problem may lay somewhere else where you'd think it it's a r9 200 but it's not. Did you verify with the sticker one back of your gpu?
The gpu is a Radeon r9 270x, says it on the sticker

KirinXHell

Reputable
Jun 27, 2020
Based on the specification information on ASRock website, your Mobo have integrated graphic on it.

Nevertheless, firstly, power off your pc and check that the GPU is seated in the correct slot (PCIe 4.0 x16), the one closest to the CPU. If it's properly seated in the correct slot, connect the cable from your GPU (Not Motherboard) to your monitor and check the result.