[SOLVED] My GPU is getting really hot.

Dylan04

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
So, my gpu was getting really hot before but yesterday i installed all my components into a new case with better airflow, i also installed 3 fans. My GPU is still getting really hot.

I got a RTX 2060 SUPER in a Fractal Design Focus G case, with 3 fan. If i set fan speed to auto in afterburnner my gpu fanspeed goes up to 80% while doing nothing (idle).
When gaming my gpu hits 80c while fan speed is at 80-85%. i dont know what to do since the airflow is really decent and other componets remain cool.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 21, 2020
Try to under volt your gpu a little bit and do a manual fan configuration instead of auto.

I'd rather have my GPU fan spin for 10-20% at all times vs supposedly "idle" and will just spin when needed.

Dylan04

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
Remove the glass side panel and then monitor temps. while gaming. If they improve you need more airflow. Try adding a fan or two on top as exhaust.
Thank you so much! i only added one fan ontop as an exaust, my GPU was usually running at 80% fan speed and it was still 80C, now my GPU fan is spinning at 40% and tempatures are under 60c, thank you, never tought one fan would make the differnce.