Question My GPU is not detected on my motherboard or on other motherboards ?

Nov 9, 2021
Hello everyone!

So a few weeks ago I exchanged my PC’s case and installed a new cooling system and a new SSD. The PC seems to be working just fine except for the GPU which is not giving me a video signal and is not being detected whatsoever, before this it worked just fine before the case swap.

The fans on the GPU are also spinning, which means that power supply is probably not the problem. The GPU does not show up in the device manager and also not under hidden devices. The BIOS also indicates that the PCIe slot is empty. Another problem is that I cannot install any drivers since the NVIDIA installer cannot find any compatible graphics hardware.
Recently I met with a friend and swapped GPUs. His GPU wasn't detected by my mobo either BUT my GPU wasm't working in his system either, which does not make any sense because this would mean that both my GPU and my mobo died at the same time for no reason !?

What I have tried so far without any success:
- reseat the GPU into a different PCIe slot
-reseat the 6/8pin power connectors on the GPU
-using a different monitor
-using a different hdmi cable
-reseating the RAM
-made sure the GPU is not disabled in the BIOS
-cleared the CMOS
-quadruple checked that the GPU and all pins are connected solidly
-tried a different GPU, still nothing being detected
-tried my GPU in a different system, not working there either

The specs are:
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060, Gigabyte Aorus Z390, Intel i7 9700k, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB (newly installed), Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix (newly installed), 16GB RAM
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. Also, while you're in BIOS, please take note of what your BIOS version is. As a side note, did you reinstall the OS after you (assuming)upgraded the SSD on your platform or was it a clone of the older OS install(on the previous drive)?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

^ that makes things comprehensible for the community.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS