Question My GPU is not giving me the frames it should ?

Oct 2, 2022
So, I just got myself a new GPU (RTX 3060) and it is pairing well with my 3600x but when I started playing valorant for the first time, it showed me 170-200 fps on avg maybe even around 250-ish on a good day. I don't know what is wrong with my setup. I tried overclocking it, I tried not to let it heat up, I tried everything. Updated drivers for GPU, have a dual channel ram, and it's running at its maximum clock speed. I don't know what's wrong with my setup anymore and when I looked up benchmarks for the 3060 with a 3600, I saw that people were getting mid 350 fps on low settings while I was getting 180-220ish on low sets and everything turned off or on low. Can anyone please help with this issue of mine?

View: https://youtu.be/6XHdTMBxN4Y?t=383

So, I just got myself a new GPU (RTX 3060) and it is pairing well with my 3600x but when I started playing valorant for the first time, it showed me 170-200 fps on avg maybe even around 250-ish on a good day. I don't know what is wrong with my setup. I tried overclocking it, I tried not to let it heat up, I tried everything. Updated drivers for GPU, have a dual channel ram, and it's running at its maximum clock speed. I don't know what's wrong with my setup anymore and when I looked up benchmarks for the 3060 with a 3600, I saw that people were getting mid 350 fps on low settings while I was getting 180-220ish on low sets and everything turned off or on low. Can anyone please help with this issue of mine?

View: https://youtu.be/6XHdTMBxN4Y?t=383

Remember that posted benchmarks/videos of gaming FPS scores are usually the top .1%. They are not the norm - they are the outlier.
No one's going to post 'meh' benchmarks/gaming FPS videos. Benchers/reviewers tweak, bench, tweak, bench, tweak, bench, etc., until they get a score that they deem 'worthy' and only then does it gets posted. These are usually people who work with technology for a living and know the ins and outs of settings and components. Many of them also know how to 'cheat' the system by running the benchmarks with unrealistic settings. They change everything from CPU priority, to benchmark config changes, to doing borderless/alt tab crap. In short, don't worry about hitting published benchmark/FPS numbers.

Last edited: