Question My GPU is not working after OC, please help

Apr 9, 2020
I tried to overclock my old gpu and now it stopped working. I ran the heaven benchmark and my PC started having visual glitched and crashed my benchmark (gave me a white screen). I turned off my PC and when I turned it on again it started to have visual glitched followed very shortly by a black screen. Now whenever I turn on my PC it has a black screen. I removed my gpu and started the PC on the interested graphics card and it worked perfectly. It goes without saying that I'm a big noob and didn't know what I was doing. Can anybody help me please? :))

Apr 9, 2020
CPU: i5 4460
Gpu: Asus Radeon r9 280x DirectCU II
PSU: high power hpg-600br-h14s
Mbo: Assrock h81m-vg4
Ram: 8gb of crucial
And a 1tb 860 Samsung Evo ssd
Thanks for replying :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Need to start with one of these:
1)Are you able to test with another gpu?

2)Do you have another psu to test with?

What I THINK happened:
The gpu is easily the most difficult part of a PC for a power supply to deal with.
The psu currently in your PC is of questionable quality.
You overclocked the gpu, further increasing how much power it draws - the R9 280X isn't exactly light on power consumption - attempt to run a stress test to test the gpu OC, and then the psu literally crapped on your system.
Now you have to find out what still works, as well as replacing that psu with something that isn't cheap so you avoid something like this happening again.

Apr 9, 2020
Unfortunately I am unable to test with another Psu or GPU and with the current situation I won't be able to replace my parts anytime soon. The GPU and PSU both seem to be working normally, weird thing is I used to have some problems with my card a year ago when the exact thing would happen. Suddenly, it wouldn't display anything on the DVI port but would work perfectly with the vga on the motherboard except it would have the GPU plugged in, after some time it started working properly again. Anyway, thanks for the help, maybe I get lucky and it will fix itself somehow before the pandemic ends, who knows :)