My GPU is overheating and my PC crashes. Help!

Sep 4, 2018
Hello community, my GPU is overheating (,or very close to overheating,) constantly. I don't know what my max temperature is for my GPU, however, with full use (,watching videos, playing games, etc), the GPU ends up at around 97-103C. I don't know at what temperature the PC crashes.

System Info:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz

RAM: 8GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system,
64x-based processor

Display adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Solution
Hello thecenturion,

Can you verify which GPU model you have?

90C is way to hot!!!

I would do the following:

1. Get an Air duster and clean the dust out much as possible. (Causes heat if enough is built up)
2. Depending on who made your card Evga,MSI Gigabye....please download their 3rd party software and increase your fan speed to 50 - 75%. You want to sit idle at 30C - 40C MAX. Underload i would see a 50C to 65C underload.

Sorry quick edit* I see that you have AMD Radeon HD 6670 - Verify fan speed through AMD software.
Sep 4, 2018
Hello thecenturion,

Can you verify which GPU model you have?

90C is way to hot!!!

I would do the following:

1. Get an Air duster and clean the dust out much as possible. (Causes heat if enough is built up)
2. Depending on who made your card Evga,MSI Gigabye....please download their 3rd party software and increase your fan speed to 50 - 75%. You want to sit idle at 30C - 40C MAX. Underload i would see a 50C to 65C underload.

Sorry quick edit* I see that you have AMD Radeon HD 6670 - Verify fan speed through AMD software.

Solution