[SOLVED] My gpu is overheating horribly after cleaning

Aug 25, 2020
So i took apart my pc to clean the dust out of it, clean my gtx 1060 and change the way i had my cables managed because it was hitting 50-60 degrees idle 80-85 under full load and my cables were super messy. Also i cant change the thermal paste itself in the gpu because theres a stripped screw on the back that wont come off. So i take the fan off the heatsink and clean out all the dust i could and then manage the cables in the pc and now my idle temps are like 70-80 and i cant even play a game to see under load because once i start one the temps automatically start rising to 95-100+ not even over 30% usage. Also my pc light is normally yellow and now when i start it the light is red please, help i know something is wrong and dont know what it is

Solution
When cleaning your fans with an air pressure blower/canister. Make sure to hold the fan down and don't let it spin. If you spin it the wrong way, it could break depending on the grade, quality, and engineering of the fan.

Imagine yourself driving a car and you had to do a hard stop/brake and then your stupid Shih Tzu flies forward changing the gear from D to R. And you have to call your mom to pick you up in the middle of the highway. And get billed so much for a broken transmission and you have to be nice to the dog who cost you your first car.

Try swapping your GPU's 8 or 16pin power connector. Maybe its not getting enough juice.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
When cleaning your fans with an air pressure blower/canister. Make sure to hold the fan down and don't let it spin. If you spin it the wrong way, it could break depending on the grade, quality, and engineering of the fan.

Imagine yourself driving a car and you had to do a hard stop/brake and then your stupid Shih Tzu flies forward changing the gear from D to R. And you have to call your mom to pick you up in the middle of the highway. And get billed so much for a broken transmission and you have to be nice to the dog who cost you your first car.

Try swapping your GPU's 8 or 16pin power connector. Maybe its not getting enough juice.

Solution
Aug 30, 2020
Hello Guyz!I Have HIS RX 580 4gb OC edition core 1366-mem 1750mhz....my gpu its working properly
its idle temprature is 30 to 33 and 100%load temp is 65c to 70c.

few hours earlier i have changed A good quality Themal paste for CPU & GPU.
is still running good its idle temp is 30c to 31c but when i play games like GTA V,FarCry 4,5,Witcher 3,Justcause 3 its 100% load temp is 80c to 85c in 1,2 minutes.

i reinstall and update his drivers and applied msi afterburner fan curve,down the clock setting,tight heatsink screws but my problem is not fixing PLEASE Try to HELP me Please Reply.