[SOLVED] My GPU is overheating

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
I need help. My GPU is heating up to 85C. Is it possible for it to get to 70C maximum? The model of GPU is GTX 760 MSI N760-2GD5/OC
Do not say that 85C is a stable temperature. I just wanna know if it is possible to get it to 70C MAXIMUM.

Solution
You can use MSI Afterburner to undervolt / underclock your graphics card, and / or you can lower the "Temp Limit" to 70'c in Afterburner as well.

That's the only things I can think off, if you don't want to hear that 85'c is perfectly fine.

EDIT: It's a good idea, as mentioned earlier in the thread, to remove dust from the fans and coolers in your case

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
Case is really old, i don't know model, because there is no sticker or name of manufacturer. I have a case fan that is really loud and when i put hand in the back of the case, i can feel the air, so i dont think this is the fan. And i didn't tried to clean it, because many people say that 80C is normal for this GPU

You can use MSI Afterburner to undervolt / underclock your graphics card, and / or you can lower the "Temp Limit" to 70'c in Afterburner as well.

That's the only things I can think off, if you don't want to hear that 85'c is perfectly fine.

EDIT: It's a good idea, as mentioned earlier in the thread, to remove dust from the fans and coolers in your case

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That case wasn't designed with any intakes in mind.
All you have are 2 exhausts:
-the obvious rear case fan
-the power supply

The most you can make of that situation is to take it outside, take it apart:
-wipe down the entire case and the fan
-get some of those compressed air cans and blow the dust out of the cpu heatsink, the power supply, and the gpu - especially if you don't want to take it apart.

If the above doesn't help, then the thermal paste over the gpu die has likely exceeded it's lifetime and needs replacing.