My GPU is running like crap!

Oct 17, 2018
I bought a pre-built system with an AMD A10 9700 and a RX 560 2GB GDDR5 all displaying on a 2560p to 1080p moniter 60hz. ive updated the drivers and tried messing with the radeon settings but i still manage to get 80-100 fps on lowest settings even 1080p resolution. i dont know how to fix this problem but ive speculated that its either running of the APU or im just expecting to much out of the card, but most benchmarks ive seen run 10 times better than this

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm not sure I even understand your question. Is 80-100 fps bad? Are you expecting 10 times more? ie: 800-1000 fps?

Also, your resolution, if I'm reading right, is 2560x1080, yes?

Your monitor only refreshes at 60Hz, so, you won't really be able to see anything faster than 60fps anyway, though you will get tearing if you turn off vsync and run faster.

Oct 17, 2018

okay so i tried updating the gpu's driver to the most recent i think being 1.8.10 and i tried doing a clean install like it said, but now my computer cant detect the gpu

Oct 17, 2018

i fixed it to the point where i can run csgo 1080p high on all settings and get arround 90-120 fps, but i get the same fps on the lowest settings any help?

With an APU you want to uninstall all the AMD built in graphics drivers, but NOT the chipset drivers. Those are two different driver sets, so make sure you didn't wipe out all the AMD drivers.

CSGO is not a demanding game, but it does scale up in performance with a faster CPU. If you run the game at a resolution your card can handle, like 1080p, and note the framerate, then lower the resolution to 720p and benchmark the game again, and the framerate didn't change, then your APU is holding you back.

Another clue this is the problem is if running the game at high or low settings makes no difference. The reason that happens is that your videocard can't run it any faster at low settings because your APU is holding it back. Another way to verify this is to run MSI Afterburner as you test the game. Check to see what CPU and GPU usage percentage is like. If CPU usage is up near 100% but GPU usage is lower, like 80%, then this is evidence your APU is running the game the best it can.