My gpu is underload when gaming

chickenwings14

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
q2mZpB1

While gaming dota2, pubg, and other games my gpu is not running @ 100% load and it stutters a lot.

my full specs:
cpu: core i7 7700
gpu: gtx 1080
cpu cooler: cryorig r1 ultimate
psu: seasonic m12ii 620w
ram: 2x8gb 2400mhz
storage: -120gb ssd for os and pubg
-hdd 1tb for games and other files

chickenwings14

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
I tried to maxed out the settings and turned off the vsync to maximize the gpu usage and still won't push to its full performance. I also thought it was the cpu temp so I bought the r1 cooler and my cpu is now fine the temps is like from 60-70 at full load. I will post some screenshot later. also the gpu usage on dota2 is running at 40-50ish then on pubg its on 60-70ish

You have background software running that's causing the stuttering.
Often gamers think they can run 500 "gaming utilities" while they are playing a game. BUT... Gamers would do best by not loading ANY gaming programs aside from the game they want to play. Talked to one guy that was trying to use a utility designed for his PREVIOUS video card and he was also trying to run a new software. Think thin. Think minimalist. Games run best when NOTHING else is running.
I highly doubt it's do to temp issues or vsync.

You could see if it's getting stuck on bad data on the disk:
CHKDSK c: /R (google it)

Very likely a software program that you wouldn't have suspected is causing the issue.

chickenwings14

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016

I tried to maxed out the settings and turned off the vsync to maximize the gpu usage and still won't push to its full performance. I also thought it was the cpu temp so I bought the r1 cooler and my cpu is now fine the temps is like from 60-70 at full load. I will post some screenshot later. also the gpu usage on dota2 is running at 40-50ish then on pubg its on 60-70ish

q2mZpB1

nFgslYt