[SOLVED] My gpu is underperforming... Can anyone help?

Aug 10, 2019
I bought a gtx 1080, but it isn't giving the performance that I expect. The usage with a benchmark is always under 70%, and it is very unstable in games. But in the benchmark my cpu is also not running at a 100% usage so that's weird.

I was thinking about a bottleneck because i run a i7 4790 as my cpu.

Can anyone give me some info or tips?

Sorry for my English

Solution
Yeah is my cpu underperforming? Do you know how to solve this problem?

And I'm going to remove the third ram stick...

I'm going to sleep now.. i will answer tomorrow
Thanks you so much for your help!
One of the issues was the extra stick of ram. Your motherboard doesn't have a flex mode, so it was running in single channel. This cuts the cpu's available bandwith in half.
The cpu and ram work in tandem, so it's performance is also affected by the ram.

The other matter is the other programs running in the background hogging cpu resources while your gaming. We should make sure none of those are malicious.
Download and run AdwCleaner: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner
Quarantine and delete everything it...
Aug 10, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
what the cpu/gpu temp during the test?

Specs:

Gpu: gtx 1080
Cpu: i7-4790
Psu: Cooler master 80 plus 600 watt
Ram/memory: 16gb DDR3 at 1600 mhz it think
Motherboard: Asrock B85 killer

Temps:
Cpu: Around 50
Gpu: Around 60

But it's weird because i ran a few stress tests but at a few my gpu usage is 100% with 144fps but a the other my frames are 70 and my usage is 75%. I ran a few msi kombuster tests.

Aug 10, 2019
The usage of what is 95% on where?

Was it bought locally, ebay, or other?

I live in the netherlands and bought it from marktplaats...

I played a little pubg to test it, and at ultra the GPU usage is 95%. But at ultra low the fps wil go to 110 fps but not more and my gpu usage will not go higher as 60% at that point... I would love to get the 144 fps

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I live in the netherlands and bought it from marktplaats...

I played a little pubg to test it, and at ultra the GPU usage is 95%. But at ultra low the fps wil go to 110 fps but not more and my gpu usage will not go higher as 60% at that point... I would love to get the 144 fps
You need to test with a different game.
PUBG is poorly coded, and is not optimized to use the resources available to it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I did a 3DMark timespy test and my graphics score is as it has to be with a 1080 so I think this fixed the problem
Ok, so now your gpu is recognized, but there's still the matter of:
-cpu underperforming. I suspect other apps are hogging resources.
-3 different kinds of ram mixed in. Did you resolve this? It's ideal to have just the 2 that were packaged together.