Question My GPU isn't displaying and only some leds come on

Mar 3, 2021
I have a geforce aorus 2070 super. I got it from a friend a few days back. He told me it stopped displaying after a week of use. He also said that he only got 1 out of the 3 hdmi ports to work. This gpu is known for this and breaking. However when I placed it into my pc it worked. Everything was good. I restarted it and now there is no display and only 2 leds work which are fan ones. Everything is plugged in, the fans are spinning and all my other parts are new and lighting up. The moniter does work and so does the HDMI cable. I have tried 3 different pcie cables and nothing. Also the white light where you connect the pcie cables to the gpu is on. I have a msi b550 tomahawk motherboard and a corsair RM 650 PSU. Is it a lost cause or is there something I can do to fix it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have a geforce aorus 2070 super. I got it from a friend a few days back. He told me it stopped displaying after a week of use. He also said that he only got 1 out of the 3 hdmi ports to work. This gpu is known for this and breaking.
Could be its breaking more. You put a known bad card in PC and are now surprised when it doesn't work? I would take it out of PC in case it does any damage to your parts.

Mar 3, 2021
Could be its breaking more. You put a known bad card in PC and are now surprised when it doesn't work? I would take it out of PC in case it does any damage to your parts.
I'm not surprised it doesn't work I'm surprised that it worked perfectly the first time I started it up and now it doesn't.

Colif

Win 11 Master
could be it will work if you completely power PC down and restart it.

I have seen PC where it would work with a PSU 1 start and then refuse next unless you swap PSU to another, which it would repeat process again. Could use same 2 PSU over and over. I don't get that. it was very odd.

why did your friend give away a GPU that was only 1 week old? I mean, if it broke in that short a time he should have been able to get it replaced. Its well and truly under warranty.

Mar 3, 2021
Nah I've tried restarting and even left it powered off a whole day disconnecting the psu but nothing works. My friend just decided to get a new gpu.
Didn't want to go through the hassle of gigabytes customer repair system. Which I can't even get a hold of. Each time I try to submit a repair it keeps crashing.

Mar 3, 2021
So turns out the white LED above the pcie cables means the cables aren't connected. Flashing is an unstable power connection, off is stable. Since I've tried several pcie cables I think it's a lost cause and I would need to contact gigabyte for a fix.