[SOLVED] My GPU isn't recognizing my second monitor anymore.

Feb 16, 2019
Usually, I use two monitors - both are 1080P 60HZ, one is connected via HDMI, and the second one via DVI. Yesterday I powered up my computer, and I noticed that just one screen is working. On AMD's control panel it does say that only one monitor (the DVI one) is connected. However, the screen says "no signal" (and if I disconnect it from the GPU it says "Cable is not connected"). I thought that the problem was in the HDMI monitor, but then I connected him to another source and it worked flawlessly. Then I thought that the HDMI port on my GPU is dead, but I tried to connect the DVI monitor via HDMI and it worked (!). I also tried to reinstall AMD driver several times and I also replaced my PSU with no success. Do someone here has an idea what could be the problem?

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
Yea it should be okay but I had a 650W PSU and on paper it should have been sufficient for my build but when i introduced a second monitor, it damaged my PSU over the course of couple weeks. I dont think it is your PSU, Im going to look into it and try to get back to you.