Question My GPU makes some weird buzzing sound. It only occurs when a game is running. When i alt tab / the game loads it goes.

BornOrca

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
I only noticed it the other day after I cleaned my pc with a can of compressed air.
I can't really record it because my mic is too bad. Its a continuos low pitched buzzing sound which stops when i alt tab out of the game, or if it hits a loading screen. Sometimes goes high pitched straight after loading in.
I turned my fans speeds up to max and no sound came out of my GPU so i doubt they're the culprit
Any advice on what to do would be great. No clue whether its coil whine or something serious.

AJNameS

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Maybe you're talking about coil whine. I also hear it - but for now only in one specific setting of benchmark and in Painkiller: Hell & Damnation if I play without vsync (high framerates in max. settings in this game only). And, when my laptop is on battery only. Usually almost not audible. >99% of cases not a sign of a practical issue, apart of the noice sometimes a bit annoying. You can hear a sample of it after the 1st minute in the video here:

BornOrca

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
Maybe you're talking about coil whine. I also hear it - but for now only in one specific setting of benchmark and in Painkiller: Hell & Damnation if I play without vsync (high framerates in max. settings in this game only). And, when my laptop is on battery only. Usually almost not audible. >99% of cases not a sign of a practical issue, apart of the noice sometimes a bit annoying. You can hear a sample of it after the 1st minute in the video here:
My buzzing is more low but like coil whine it only occurs when I am in a game. If I alt tab or the game hits a loading screen, no low pitched buzzing at all. Can coil whine be low pitched at all? I can't see how I damaged the gpu I only sprayed some canned air down the vent and on the fans to clear out excess dust
Thanks for your help 😁

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS