[SOLVED] My gpu may be done for ...

Jun 5, 2021
It feels like I have tried everything. As soon as I load on to my game it crashes and shows artifacts all over the screen before saying “drivers have crashed” I tried to clean it and put more thermal paste on. I have tried multiple drivers, ddu, nvclean install, updated every driver there is. I have troubleshooted for a week now with no result. I have tried updating my chipset. Nothing. Any more ideas?

Ryzen5 5699x
Msi b550
Gtx 770
Evga 600

Solution
Have you tried to downclock the card as much as you can and gradually increase the clocks of both the chip and the vram little by little? Maybe a slight underclock can still allow you to use it while the market goes back to somewhat normal. Sure, you'll lose some frames but hey, better than not gaming at all. Plus I'm sure since you own a 770, you're not after quality of graphics anyways.

If even that doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll have to be looking into buying a new card. It is old after all.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Have you tried to downclock the card as much as you can and gradually increase the clocks of both the chip and the vram little by little? Maybe a slight underclock can still allow you to use it while the market goes back to somewhat normal. Sure, you'll lose some frames but hey, better than not gaming at all. Plus I'm sure since you own a 770, you're not after quality of graphics anyways.

If even that doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll have to be looking into buying a new card. It is old after all.

Solution
Jun 5, 2021

thanks for the help! I will be going to look at a gtx 1650 4gb. Would you recommend anything with how the gpu market is at the moment?

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Not really. As you know, the market rn is completely upside down. Anything you can gets your hands on for less than 400 dollars/eu get it (given it's a 1650 and up, don't spend money on gt 710 1030 or 1050 ti). In a normal situation id tell you to wait but 1) your card is most likely gonna die soon 2) anything will feel like an upgrade from a 770.