[SOLVED] MY GPU Not detected in IST SLOT.

Jan 21, 2021
Board MSI Z390 MAG TOMA
Gpu Amd radeon 580
Board has 3 pci slots
In ist one i plugged not detecting via gpu or msi build in dp port
I plugged in 2nd slot and working fine
However Mobo manual says u must use ist pci e slot for gpu ist .

Any idea how to fix that???

Solution
If you're connecting your display to the graphics card output when it's installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot and it not working, but when you connect your display to the graphics card output and the card installed in the second PCI-Ex16 slot, then I would say you have a defective motherboard and it should be replaced (RMA if under warranty).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
  1. Your board has six PCI Express slots. Three PCI-Ex16 and three PCI-Ex1. Not just PCI (old standard).
  2. In most situations if a discrete graphics card like the RX580 is install, the on-board graphic outputs are disable. Make sure you have the RX 580 installed in the top PCI-Ex16 expansion slot and your display is connected to one of it's outputs (not the motherboard outputs).

-Wolf sends

Jan 21, 2021
I inserted GPU AT TOP most slot. Its little diffrent then other 2 slots. Steelic slot
But i was not able to get display via display port connected via gpu port or hdmi also

Same gpu connected in 2nd slot below to ist upper slot. And yup its working

Why Upper slot was not getting it into work???

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you're connecting your display to the graphics card output when it's installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot and it not working, but when you connect your display to the graphics card output and the card installed in the second PCI-Ex16 slot, then I would say you have a defective motherboard and it should be replaced (RMA if under warranty).

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 21, 2021
Once again
I gave a try
Plugged Gpu in Slot 1
Tighten the screw very tightly
Closed the side panel
Switched On
And
Yup
Got the Display