My GPU on stock settings crash my game. [SOLVED]

solarasreign

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017
Yep. On stock settings.

Let me explain, I have a GTX1080, and I dabble on the OC realm with afterburner, got spectacular results on all benchmarks until I launch a game. Currently playing ACO. Each time I try Benchmarking, it crashes. Sometimes it doesn't but it crashes on the actual game 20 mins in. I reset my GPU to stock settings and it still crashes. I rack my brain for a good week and recently did a fresh OS installed for other reasons.

I haven't OC the GPU whatsoever.

Here's some stats for some nerds: My CPU is a 1600x at a cool 3.8 from a stock 3.6. I use to run it at 3.9 but now on benchmarking test it just crashes, so 3.8 is my safe bet. My Ram is at 16GB @ 3200mhz with no problem. And my PSU is at 650w. I have ample room there so I don't think it's my PSU. If it was my CPU, the entire system would crash and freeze, not just the game.

I can stress it and OC it and run various tests and it'll always pass with flying colors, but when it comes to playing a game, it just crashes, it's driving me crazy.

I did a fresh OS installed earlier today, like I said, I haven't OC the GPU, and just by running the benchmark on ACO it just crashed. I'm honestly at a loss here.

solarasreign

Reputable
Dec 2, 2017
I forgot to mention, I game at 1440p @144hz Monitor, and when I launched ACO it goes by default ULTRA settings but I lowered them to High. Run benchmark. Crash.

I went to medium. Run benchmark. Crash.

I even went to Nvidia Experience 'optimal' settings suggestions and it still crashed.