Question My GPU or PSU? (Context below)

Kedryn(:

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
So every now and then my pc kind of shuts.. off? or crashes?

It shuts off my screen/s, keyboard and mouse aswell as the LED on my GPU, i also can not turn the PC off via power button i have to shut it off manually on the PSU.

I'm wondering if it's my gpu or psu. and if so to either one, any list of fixes or recommendations?
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
PSU: Montech Gamma II Series 750 Watt 80+ Gold
If it's needed aswell my CPU is AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core Processor.

Now this doesn't happen everyday but i hate when it does, it's just kind of random.
Thanks in advance!

Kedryn(:

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
Straight up sounds like the PSU to me. If it was the GPU dying or crashing the only issue you would have is just a black screen and no signal. It wouldn't cause the PC or anything else connected to the motherboard to turn off.
Thanks for the response! i did hear from a friend that the PSU i have isn't the most notable, i suppose I'll get a new one soon and see what's what.
Thank you:)

goingincircles

Distinguished
May 22, 2014
So every now and then my pc kind of shuts.. off? or crashes?

It shuts off my screen/s, keyboard and mouse aswell as the LED on my GPU, i also can not turn the PC off via power button i have to shut it off manually on the PSU.

I'm wondering if it's my gpu or psu. and if so to either one, any list of fixes or recommendations?
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
PSU: Montech Gamma II Series 750 Watt 80+ Gold
If it's needed aswell my CPU is AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core Processor.

Now this doesn't happen everyday but i hate when it does, it's just kind of random.
Thanks in advance!

im no expert lol but you should be more specific in your details so someone with skills can help you better..

are you gaming or browsing the net when it happens?
what cpu cooler?
have you monitored your temps just incase the cpu etc is getting hot? im sure that will cause a shut down

Reactions: Kedryn(:

Kedryn(:

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
im no expert lol but you should be more specific in your details so someone with skills can help you better..

are you gaming or browsing the net when it happens?
what cpu cooler?
have you monitored your temps just incase the cpu etc is getting hot? im sure that will cause a shut down
Well in hindsight to what Tennis987 said it very much most likely is my PSU but I'll answer in a list.
Gaming
Open case/Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE.
I have monitored my temps and everything stays around an ok range for gaming and for browsing, that goes for my GPU too.
I can run games at max quality relatively beautifully but besides that I've done nothing to tamper with my PC.
(yes i did try to play at lower quality's but it still happened)
Thanks for your response aswell, sorry i wasnt more informative!