Question My GPU (RTX2060) freezes a lot lately

Aug 27, 2022
Hi guys,

Completely new here, thought I might pick your brains to help me with my freezing problem (I did search the forum but couldn't find similair issues).

So my GPU has been freezing for months now. I was so done with it that I just didn't use my PC anymore. However, my urge for gaming has brought me back. But the freezing is still an issue. These are my components:
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
Nvidia MSI GeForce RTX2060 Ventus 6G OC
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Seasonic M12II Evo 520W PSU
Intel 660p 1TB M.2 SSD

This is what I've done to try to resolve the issue:
  • updated drives (2 times over the last months)
  • ran a memory check (no issue)
  • ran system file checker, which cleared some corrupted files
  • clear temp files
  • checked GPU temp a lot, which is pretty stable, although I can't check the exact temp during the freeze (for obvious reasons)
  • from what I could gather right before a freeze it looks like the memory of the GPU starts running full.

I've been playing the same game for the last 2 years and never had an issue before. I also had freezes while I was not gaming, but just wathing Youtube vids.

Any suggestiosn?

Aug 27, 2022
I just checked and it's automatically controlled atm (obviously). Currently allocated is 5376 MB. Don't know if that is properly managed or not tbh.

Also; my last two freezes (since I started using PC again) appeared AFTER I returned to Windows from the game. After a couple of min, it just froze while all performances were down to normal levels (after closing game that is).