Question My gpu seems to be running pretty bad compared to usual benchmarks.

Sylveous

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
It's a EVGA RTX 2060 gaming XC ultra. The CPU is a ryzen 5 1600 OC'ed to 3.9, and the gpu is OC'ed to 2050MHz with a boost of 500 to the memory clock. 16gb of DDR4 ram@3000 (4x4 though, wondering if that's the issue).
Games like destiny 2 wont run even close to 144 on high, or even medium for that matter. Lots of the triple A titles are running kinda weirdly low, like at around 70-90 fps. Monitor is a 144 hz freesync monitor that is GSYNC compatible.

Have you done a CLEAN install of the Nvidia drivers using the DDU in safe mode?

Have you checked to verify that the memory actually IS running at 3000mhz, and that it is running in dual channel?

Download CPU-Z and take screenshots of the memory and SPD tabs and post the links to the hosted images here.

Sylveous

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
Well here's the cpu-z memory/SPD tabs.
aV922uZ.png
rSuIb5D.png

And yeah, I clean installed and DDU'ed the drivers. As for the memory part, i feel like that could be it. I have 4x4gb sticks. Not sure if they are all running correctly. As they were 2 sets of 2

Well, it's showing 16GB running at 3000mhz (1499.1 x2, because, DDR, double data rate) and in dual channel operation. Timings look like the correct profile timings.

I don't see a memory issue there at all.

What resolution is your monitor?

How many monitors are you running?

Do you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed?

Have you manually gone to the motherboard product page and made sure you have all the latest drivers installed for the audio, network adapters (Wifi and LAN/Ethernet), storage controllers and AMD chipset from the AMD website?

What Windows version are you running?

Sylveous

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
Well, it's showing 16GB running at 3000mhz (1499.1 x2, because, DDR, double data rate) and in dual channel operation. Timings look like the correct profile timings.

I don't see a memory issue there at all.

What resolution is your monitor?

How many monitors are you running?

Do you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed?

Have you manually gone to the motherboard product page and made sure you have all the latest drivers installed for the audio, network adapters (Wifi and LAN/Ethernet), storage controllers and AMD chipset from the AMD website?

What Windows version are you running?
Resolution is only 1920x1080, 144hz, and of course, freesync that is gsync compatible.
2 monitors, but even with the side one unplugged it still chuggs.
Motherboard BIOS I'll have to check, but i haven't updated it in about a month.
I'll try to reinstall the graphics drivers again just in case.

EDIT: Bios is still solid, they say to not update it on this next update unless you need it on their site.(its just support for the new cpus which im not getting)
Also windows 10, but both monitors are 1920x1080. All drivers are up to date.

Last edited:
Don't just "reinstall" the graphics drivers, that won't do anything. You need to do a CLEAN install of the Nvidia drivers, exactly as outlined in the tutorial I linked to.

Download the latest driver package. Download the DDU. Boot to safe mode and run the DDU. Choose the Nvidia graphics option in the DDU. When finished, restart, then install the latest Nvidia driver package and then restart again.